The Mouth and Lips Hydrator (MC6) is a way of moisturising a patient’s lip/mouth or tongue in safe and controlled condition. With a slow flow of water from two drip holes, a gentle compression against the lips is enough to provide a gentle flow of water to the patient’s mouth, providing moisture to the lips.
Patient groups who will benefit from this product are those in intensive care / critical care, stroke and other neurological patients, head and neck oncology patients, elderly mentally ill patients and those dependent on mouth care.
The mouth hydrator can be used to help with moistening the patient’s lips and tongue slowly to help prevent drying. To ensure good mouth care is achieved, include this product in all oral health care plans for vulnerable people.
Pack consists of 20 individual mouth hydrators plus 2 rubber drying stands.
Mouth Hydrator can be used:
- To moisten the lips and mouth of a patient to prevent drying.
Instructions for use:
- Fully Depress the soft end into a bowl of water
- Lift off slowly and allow the soft head to fill with water
- Remove the hydrator slowly from the bowl
- Place onto the surface of the patients tongue or lips, flat side up
- Apply light pressure to the mouth and lips hydrator and move side to side over the patient’s lips and/or place into patients mouth
- Slowly allow the liquid to enter/ flow over the patient’s lips/tongue before removing it from their mouth
- When the patient has been sufficiently moistened remove excess water from the product
- Single patient use. Discard after use.
- Seek advice from a senior member of staff if the tongue is severely ulcerated
- Discard the Mouth Hydrator after each use if the patient has Candida infection (thrush) in the mouth
- Do not use if the package is open or appears to be damaged or if the product has been open for 24 hours or more.
Storage: There are no special storage requirements for the unopened packs
Good oral hygiene is essential for improving and maintaining general health and wellbeing. People who are medically or cognitively compromised may require mouth care several times throughout the day limit the risk factors associated with ventilator associated pneumonia and to systemic diseases.
Proudly designed, manufactured, and distributed in the United Kingdom.
The delivery time is 3-5 working days.
No minimum order amount.
UK shipping only.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within two working days.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: Fuzzy Brands, Unit 2, John Smith Enterprise Hub, 200-222 Cotton Lane, Derby, DE24 8GJ.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: Fuzzy Brands, Unit 2, John Smith Enterprise Hub, 200-222 Cotton Lane, Derby, DE24 8GJ.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returned items. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
If you are shipping an item over £30, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.